Saturday, May 24, 2008

Corporations feeding of us


*I’m not going to state the name of the company I’m referring to I’ll name it DRestaurant *

Now day’s corporatocracy has greatly affected our way of life-Bahrain as a case study-I believe that instead of it serving us, we are serving it. It has molded our life to produce for it; it is consuming us and feeding of us. Let me give you an example, it’s just something that hit me all of a sudden, once in a Japanese class my teacher said in Japan, people who work at DRestaurant’s are all Japanese so we don’t get a chance to practice English like in Bahrain. Let us think in Bahrain DRestaurant came as foreign company and got foreign labor-cheap labor-and is making prophet from Bahrain’s economy, has DRestaurant been beneficial to Bahrain as it has to Japan? I think not! in Japan it provided decent jobs for the people of Japan ,here in Bahrain they bring people from the far east and pay them very low wages, all that adds up to people who own the company getting richer and our people’s life degraded, this is a corporation that is actively consuming of our generation, we are consumers only. We don’t share DRestaurant’s fate, when the state of Bahrain degrades, DRestaurant will leave Bahrain. I met a lady who works their, she was from Philippines, I asked about how her job was, she said she didn’t like it and wanted to leave as soon as her contract finishes, I said you should try studying and getting a degree so that you could get a better job-ya3ni- she replied saying that she had a degree in Computer Science, I was like!!!!!!!-WHAT-. This is the world we live in now day

3 comments:

Amani AbuQdais أماني أبوقديس said...

!!!! I am curious to know what company u r a referring to!
Interesting~

Unknown said...

Yes, the world is so unfair.
You will also become like that Philipinna lady in the future..after the invention of an alternative energy source.

Just be prepared for the moment!

Anonymous said...

N. said.. One day you'll get the Fruit (Without the seed you will not get the fruit)